Think smart. Don’t leave your safety to chance. Take steps to prepare for any emergency now. Here are some ways to get ready for an emergency.
- Update your contact information: Go to sdge.com/MyAccount. Click on “Manage My Account” to update your contact information, including email address.
2. Sign up for power outage notifications: Click on the “Alerts and Subscriptions” tab. Select “Outage Notifications” from the drop-down menu. Select how you want to stay informed, e.g. email, text and/or phone.
3. Develop an emergency plan: Identify a place to meet with family including safe routes and shelters, as well as what actions you will take. Discuss and practice the plan with your family, including your kids.
4. Prepare an emergency kit: Keep the essentials on hand. Make sure your kit is stocked with items you and your family need, including for your pets, seniors and those with a disability. Store items in easy-to-carry containers such as backpacks or plastic crates.
5. Help your neighbors: Being a good neighbor takes more than sharing the occasional cup of sugar or hosting a potluck. It’s important to help our neighbors during emergencies, especially the elderly and disabled.
- Be prepared and create a defensible space around your home. Minimize your home’s exposure to fire risk by modifying the vegetation space around it to help resist a wildfire. #energytips4U #staysafe #sdge
- Prepare yourself and your family for an emergency. For preparation tips, visit sdge.com/wildfire-safety. #energytips4U #staysafe #sdge
- Almost 100 emergency response teams and other nonprofit groups received grants totaling more than $1 million through SDG&E’s SAFE San Diego giving initiative. Learn more at sdge.com/safe. #energytips4U #staysafe #sdge